Old 05-11-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
QueenOfSwords

Oh, I can definitely contribute to this conversation....

"That last DUI (his FOURTH) was only because some ******* ratted on me."

"Why does everybody always assume the worst?!"

"And people wonder why I drink." (Said jokingly when something's annoying him.)

"Baby, I want a life with you. You mean everything to me. Please don't give up on me."

"I'm a trainwreck on wheels." (Another "joke.")

"My accountant handles all that." (His sister, a CPA, controls all his money, accesses his bank account, pays his bills, and gives him an allowance to live on. Hmmm, enabling much??)

"I called about possibly getting into the detox program and I'm looking into going into rehab again." (Really? And when is all that happening, exactly?)

"AA is nothing but a bunch of drunks sitting around and talking about how miserable their lives are. It makes me want to drink!"

"I truly believe I was put on this earth to be your husband and to be a stepfather to your son."

"I just want to take care of you, baby."

"Why are you so worked up?? I just didn't have my phone with me, that's all." (After a whole day of ignoring my texts and increasingly frantic phone calls. Found out later he was out with his buddies drinking.)

"It's just a scratch! I don't need to go to the hospital." (Said about the huge gash in his head that he tried to cover up with a bandaid.

Geez, I could go and on....
I need to come back and read all this if i find myself weakening and thinking about taking him back.