Thread: Big Plan
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Gavinandnikki

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Pam,

What were the most interesting revelations and/or insights you had as a result of rereading RR:TNC that you'd be willing to mention here?

GT
1.) That I need to practice shifting more frequently. It shows me perfectly that I control my thoughts and that I control my actions regarding alcohol use. I sort of glanced at shifting my first reading - it is a very useful activity, I really could feel the difference as I shifted my thoughts - very interesting.
2.) Any thoughts that come into my head regarding alcohol use is Beast activity. Since I can control my thoughts, I can tell Beast to f-off.
3.) That once I make my Big Plan, Beast activity may flare but will taper off fairly quickly as it sees and feels my resolve.

I know there are more, but I'm tired (hard week at work). I can state with absolute 100% truthfulness - I am so much calmer, less anxious, laugh more, have more energy, sleep better, have more fun and get way more done being sober. That amazes me - people told me I would but I didn't know it would be this much better. Even badness, stress, angry people - I handle these normal bumps in the road of life with more grace and peace than I ever have in my entire life.
Thanks for asking,
Pam