Thread: Forgiveness
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Forgiveness

Four months ago today, my AXGF emotionally assaulted me at work. And one of the things I've been struggling with is the idea of forgiveness. I use the word "struggle" because as I process where I'm at, there's a part of me that wonders if I'm living by a double standard.

There have been times in my life when, after I've been hurt badly, I've let my anger get the better of me and I hurt the person who hurt me. And then, after I calm down and realize what I've done, I apologize and ask for forgiveness.

In the case of my AXGF, not only did she hurt me badly, she took pleasure it in. I did nothing to deserve it. She, in her typical Borderline Personality/Drug Addict mindset, decided to rip me up and down. If it were just an issue of being hurt, I could forgive her. But she intentionally, maliciously, and sadistically went after me and did her best to hurt me, and took enormous pleasure in it. I don't think I can forgive that...

...and that bothers me. It bothers me because I have, too, intentionally tried to hurt people, but in response to being badly hurt myself. If I ask for forgiveness myself when I've done wrong, is it then wrong to deny forgiveness to a person who's wronged me?