View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 12:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TimeToGetALife

The BEST Decision I Ever Made!

21 days sober TODAY!!! and the sun is shinning!

I just thought I would make a quick post for all those people who are thinking about stopping drinking, to let them know that it really is the best decision that I have ever made and will be for you too..

22 days ago I had my last big drink and as usual bad events occured and I felt like my life was out of control. Now 21 days forward (this is the longest amount of sober days I have had since I was 15!) I realise that I never want or need alcohol to be in control in my life again.

It isn't always easy, it would be a lie to say it is. However with the support of the fabulous people here and the advice they all offer, and reading and understanding all the helpful advice from AA, I have now Got A Life and I am in control of it, not the alcohol, and you can be too.

So, stop thinking about it... take the first step and stop, hand over the control the 'evil puppet master' AKA as alcohol has on you to your higher power, or as I have, hang it on a peg at the back of a very large cupboard... and start to enjoy your life and start living x

Have a lovely day, and don't have that first drink!