Thread: Decisions ....
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wicked

If the bond between them were a rope, with a bunch of twisted strings, the drunken one has been breaking this bond over the years.
Mum holds the scissors, and every time she lets her daughter down, she cuts a thread.
Misses a call, snip, calls her a name, snip misses a visit, snip, misses a holiday, snip snip.
The last few threads might be there, but she is to busy convincing other people that the bond is unbreakable to notice she has been cutting the threads all this time.
If ever someone was hanging by a thread, it is this woman's relationship with her daughter.
She is incapable of seeing beyond her own nose.
Good God, if she were successful, (if only by accident cause she is bad off) how to deal with that?
Maybe talk to the a counselor about that, to prepare SD for the worst. That woman. I do not like her. I am using the British ability of understatement. But, you cannot see the steam coming out of my ears! Maybe I should go have a cuppa? lol
Your daughter will come out stronger for this, maybe she could help others when she is ready. But, we must stay in the now, it is the only time we have control over.

Beth