Thread: My fantasy girl
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 11:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
shutterbug
A picture's worth a 1000 words

I enjoyed your story even though I'm sorry for your pain. It was just a well told and interesting read.

It always stuns me when I hear a guy talking about a girl the way I've always wanted to be talked about by someone special. I tend to forget that there are a few decent men out there, or maybe more, but my co-dependency keeps them all running from me and me running from them...I guess. I'm definetly number 15 on that list. It seems I always fall in love with the idea of who I think someone is or could be. I "what-if" and "if only" myself into believing everything will work out and not to give up. I also call this the "fairy tale syndrome" where we all keep watching and waiting for our night in shining armor, or damsel in distress, so that we can live happily ever after.

I think it's funny that you go by Captian Morgan because I've had 2 fantasy men in my life and the first would always buy me a Captian and Coke when we went out. It became my favorite drink for a long time after he moved 1/2 way across the country, just because I had loved him so much and it reminded me of him...and obviously still does.