View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AddictedHusband

Question Meth use and ADHD?

First post.. Thanks in advance to those who take the time to read this.

So my councilor recently made the suggestion (on my first visit to her) that she thought it would be good for me to talk to my doctor about getting on some sort of ADHD medication.

While I've always been kinda a fidgety person that must always be moving something, usually my leg, and I tend to talk very fast, I have never had issues learning, or concentrating on things (even REALLY BORING ONES).

She thinks that maybe the meth doesn't actually hype me up very much, but act more like riddelin does and focus me.

So it kinda got me thinking, is it possible? Am I an undiagnosed ADAH case? Could I have developed it due to 6 years of meth use? I mean admittedly it does make me focus more, too much more if you ask me. I work in IT and when I'm using, I'm like a machine. I can sit there an bang out tickets like nobodies business, but when I'm not using(even after 4 months clean) I cannot find the motivation to do more than a couple at a time before I feel like I want to do something else for a little bit.

Or is this lady crazy?