View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
liz, I just saw a MSNBC prison show that featured that tough Sheriff Joe & his tent city. That seems like a really tough place to do time. Men wear pink underwear & have to eat green bologni sandwiches! I believe many people here do not realize how often people continue to drive after being suspended. I mean what can the Department of Motor Vehicles do to a person after they already take the right to drive a vehicle? I'm not saying it's okay to do but just pointing out the reality.
He won't be in that section but the jail is still the same. He will get to wear his own clothes and will have work release during the day. He will be in with similar offenders: people who don't pay child support, DUI offenders, drug crimes, etc. Mostly misdemeanor stuff, doesn't make it any better though since it's all outdoors in those stinking tents!

I guess the DMV could put them on a house arrest system with a scram bracelet but I think that's what the courts do, not really something in the DMV's jurisdiction.