Thread: Big Plan
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Gavinandnikki View Post
SO do I just give up on AVRT because I'm so full of it?
You'd be giving up on yourself more than anything else. The addictive voice is not just a little voice that says "drink! drink!", but an entire persona built around the addictive mandate, and it colors our thoughts. The problem is that in addiction, or I dare say, even in recovery, the AV appears to be you.

The Big Plan ends the illusion that addictive desire is "you", so any thoughts that support or suggest any possibility of drinking then become "not you", but the Beast. Without a Big Plan, your AV still has control of the pronoun "I", and you are going to have a difficult time with recognition, and certainly with separation.

Originally Posted by Gavinandnikki View Post
...tell me what to do.
It sounds like you are well past detox, and that you enjoy life without the drink. So, I recommend making up your mind. End the inner debate, Pam, and leave your addiction in the past. Resolve this problem once and for all. Wouldn't that be nice? That is what you want, isn't it?