View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
I don't understand why you seem to express anger towards his lawyer. He is paying him big bucks. He is just doing his job. Defense lawyers make a living at finding "loopholes" in the criminal justice system. His lawyer seems quite good at that. The fact that your husband still has his alcohol "stash" kinda shows he isn't ready to stop. The chance that a person who gets their first DUI will get another one eventually is very high. Normal people learn from consequences, alcoholics do not. Alcoholics almost always have "another bottom" in them.
I also agree that he probably hasn't hit his bottom. Maybe I'm wrong but anyone who keeps alcohol hidden after getting a DUI has a serious problem. I guess he's saving it for that rainy day. And, he seems to think that I'm the one creating problems for us in the marriage. I guess I'm just supposed to forgive and forget and drive him around everywhere, right?

Right now, I'm trying to look on the bright side. He's being pleasant, he's not drinking as far as I know, and I am loving my OWN life right now! YAY!