Thread: Big Plan
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Gavinandnikki View Post
I'm in the same boat although my Beast is laying low today. Having a total block against committing to a BP.

What I am finding interesting to analyze is WHY I am having so much trouble. The Beast knows I am going to Europe for 2 weeks this summer and "how can you possibly go to Europe and not drink?" My Beast is winning the battle over this because I (me, Pam, not Beast) is thinking the same thing.

So, I am not having problems staying sober now, but I am seriously not confident of going to France without Beast.

Work in progress.

Hope your beastie-boy settles down - it is not pleasant when he throws a fit. I am looking forward to (eventually) kicking him out of my head forever.

Pam
If you are having a total block against committing to a BP, your Beast doing the opposite of "laying low". It is in full blown action.

Your Beast is managing to get you to use "I" for It when you say "because I (me, Pam, not Beast)". In AVRT that "I" cannot be you, unless you do not believe that drinking ever again is wrong for you, in which case, be careful, good luck, and may you succeed.

You're not having problems staying sober now because one day at a time is easy and meaningless in AVRT. In AVRT the meaning of sobriety is working on a Way of Life Program following which not drinking occurs. Abstinence is the correct word in AVRT.

N34 is correct about the Beast. You can't go anywhere without it. It knows you can't harm it one bit without "never", so It's trying to get you to think that It decides future drinking for you.

By pointing out it's easy right now, you're actually saying it's not as easy to be temporarily abstinent as it is to be permanently abstinent, because then you wouldn't be wasting time and effort at all this ambivalence about the future. It would be as easy any time in the future as it is now. I think you can sense that.

Your Beast wants you to relish in the present ease of "sobriety", and think this present ease is the way it must be because it wants you to believe you are unable to decide on future drinking, thus your "Work in progress."

It loves it when you "look forward" to "(eventually)" deciding "forever". In AVRT, there is no good reason to wait beyond understanding the true meaning of the Big Plan.

And "beastie-boy" minimizes the seriousness of what this is all about. The Beast will kill your dreams at least and your life at worst.