View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by gerryP View Post
Maybe I`m bossy...if my husband had ideas of driving a rental car with a suspended licence, I would remind him that it`s illegal for him to drive and the driver would be me. Then I would begin wondering if I had a future with a man who is clearly delusional and or has no respect for the law, is entitled and incapable of accepting responsibility for his poor decisions and actions.
Well, I did tell him this and he did offer for me to drive when I got there. Yet, I also know I wasn't the one who rented the car and I wanted him to take the responsibility for his crime, if he were to get pulled over. We still don't know that his license was actually suspended yet because he hasn't gotten the notice from the DMV and he called his lawyer the day before he left and the lawyer told him it would OK since they hadn't had the DMV hearing anyway at this point. Basically, my AH picked his suspension time and they notified the DMV of this choice but the whole process wasn't completed yet so his lawyer told him to go ahead and rent the car.

Unfortunately, I have no say when it comes to anything regarding this 'lawyer'. This is the lawyer that my AH says has told him that he can buy a beater car and put the ignition interlock device in it and then drive his real car around on the IID suspension. He laid into me the day before he left about how I've been wrong 3 times in regards to the 'law' and the DUI and that he's just going to listen to his lawyer. So, anything I say just goes in one ear and out the other at this point. He only hears what his lawyer tells him and I'm actually wondering how much of that is made up by my AH anyway at this point. I'd love to call this lawyer and figure out what the heck he's really telling my AH, but technically it's not my business.