View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 06:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
He is playing lets pretend in front of his family and you supported the show.

Riding around with him on a suspended license with a minior child in the car is irresponsible at best.

Hopefully, he will give you a few more days of peace!
Yes, I get that and if it had been some other occasion other than his dad's funeral I might not have played along so nicely. He's back home now and seems the way he was when we were back east. I am enjoying every minute of it and I am extremely cheerful, despite being exhausted, LOL.

I'm just wondering how long he'll keep it up. He's been waiting for his dad to die for quite some time. His dad was 89 when he died and he suffered from dementia and had been in a care facility for about 18 months. AH never really had a great relationship with his dad but had made peace with him a few years ago. Both his parents were alcoholics yet he sees his mother as the main problem in their marriage and he puts his dad on a pedestal. His mother was the angry violent drunk, while his dad was the passive drunk who just sat in his chair. He had a VERY difficult childhood and he,himself, was abusing alcohol by the time he was 14.