View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bunkie65

Hi, I am so happy to hear you love your meetings. Going to alanon has been life changing for me. It is an amazing program. As far as the "sudden niceness", what I have experienced is enjoy it while it lasts. Keep doing what your doing focusing on you, choosing your battles etc.... who really knows why he is doing what he is doing he may not even be able to identify why he is. The only suggestion I would have is be very mindful of expectations. For me that's what kept me and hooks me into dissappoinment. Also the serinty prayer is another tool I use over and over to keep my head clear and helps me keep the right focus. I really have to keep myself grounded and let it begin with me and not give up hope for my ex but not get to hopeful when I see the acts of kindness. I too want to question what is he up to? Manipulation and using people are what addicts do well. I have to remember this always as he is still using. I have to find a balance of accepting what is and what could be. That is a hard balancing act for me. I pray for you and your family. I encourage you to keep working the steps in your program and attending as many meetings as you can. God bless you and your family.