View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Why's he so nice all of a sudden?

So my AH's dad died last week and he had to go back for the funeral, across the country. I chose to go with him and take our son, too. I felt it was the right thing to do. AH is supposedly on a license suspension but he was able to rent a car and he drove around the whole time we were there and I chose to keep my serenity by not bothering to bring it up.

He has been wonderful since this whole process started a week or so ago. He was touchy feely at the funeral, supportive, very communicative, etc. It was like he was a different person than he had been for weeks. I don't know what to make of it and I'm afraid to let my guard down. I still don't trust him, he still has his hidden emergency stash of alcohol hiding in the closet, he will still be sentenced next week for his DUI, and I'm sure there's more coming down the pike in the future. I guess I just feel like I live with Jekyl and Hyde. He made a point of actually thanking me very profusely for actually coming to the east coast and he expressed sincere gratitude. I think he was also grateful that I didn't tell his crazy family about his DUI or suspended license. There were a few sibling altercations while I was there with both his brother and sister, but I just watched as an outsider and didn't get involved. His family definitely looks at him as the youngest child screw up and they bring up his iniquities from the past over and over, it's no wonder my AH hates to have his faults brought to attention. His family has made a career out of it! UGH! Anyway, I really don't know what to make of it all but I guess I can enjoy the peace we had and I can hope that it will last for a while longer, of course there are no guarantees!