View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Big Plan ramblings

Pam,

Your acknowledgment of my last post with "thanks" only, is more than adequate and fully compatible with an AVRT approach to quitting. The Big Plan is a very personal decision, one that can never be proven to anyone else. At the same time, it is also impossible for the Big Plan maker to be uncertain whether s/he really made it. So, congratulations on whatever your educated decision was or will be regarding the future use of alcohol and drugs, and I wish you all the best.

GT

To move ahead, though, as this is a discussion forum - I was thinking a long time ago how it could possibly be proven that someone had made a Big Plan. The only idea I could come up with would be by using some expensive technology and monitoring that hasn't been adequately designed yet.

A person would have to be willing to have alcohol/drug sensors implanted with a signaling (or internal recording) device that would alert a monitoring authority (in real time or at a later reading) if alcohol/drugs were identified in their blood. Even then, a true Big Plan proof would not be complete until the person died.

My guess is that this technology is not too far off, as there would seem to be a rationale for making it available to people convicted of certain alcohol and drug related crimes as an offset to more severe punishment. It would obviously be more accurate than random testing.

I can also imagine experimenting would be possible with various groups of people having these implants.

If there were no physical danger to such an implant, someone with a Big Plan would logically be completely unconcerned about having one inserted (also neglecting any political views about loss of privacy to authorities).

Would I be willing to get one for some experiment? Sure, if it wasn't dangerous, and the payment for being a subject was adequate.