View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
melin

A doctor will not help a drug addict. If you have never experienced it, then you will never know. People that don't know they all say that, "why don't you just stop?" addiction is a disease. Its easier said then done. I can detox at home the same I can detox in treatment, I have everything at home to detox, water, gatorade, clonidine (helps with your blood pressure) Muscle relax, Ibprofen for aches and pains. A local hospital will not a help a drug addict. A treatment center will, but I have to work at my job, so I choose to do it cold turkey, I have been through this once before. I came here for advice from other addicts. Thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated, but remember an addiction is a disease and its easier said then done. I can just quit, but the physical and emotional withdrawls are intense. My advice to those that have never endured an addiction, be careful of Dr. Feelgood, if you have aches and pains IBprofen works the same, dont' fill your vicodin prescription. Just sayin' I don't wish this cycle upon anybody.