View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
reggiewayne

Welcome. Bourban was my DOC also. Nothing got me where I needed to get like bourban did. Now, on the flip side, nothing made me feel worse the next day like bourban did also. I can't tell you how many half gallons I poured out over the years.

It usually happened the same way. I'd wake up after "having a few drinks" - meaning probably 15 units and felt like I was going to die. Speech still slow from drinking, headache, racing heart, whiskey breath still from the night before, anxiety, self loathing, etc..

I'd say "never again" and pour that crap right down the sink. Then a few days would pass and I'd forget all of the bad stuff bourban did to me and start thinking about what it would do for me. It's insanity.

The fact that I would still want something that made me feel that way MANY times proves that I am an alcoholic. No other substance on this earth has made me feel horrible as many times as booze.

Get passed the craving, it's not worth it I promise. 16 days is awesome. Just keep trucking along, you're not missing anything. You quit for a reason!

Best of luck!!!