View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 05:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Gavinandnikki

Oh, my husbands AV is on loud speaker in our home! His Beast is very upset that it lost its favorite party bud - me and my Beast.

My husband was appalled when he saw me spiral down into morning to night drinking, the shakes, morning nausea, drinking in the middle of the night, etc. It took me awhile to convince him that I really needed to detox/rehab. Now, he is definately supportive of me not drinking because he is afraid I will get "bad" again. He also likes seeing me be happy, calm and a way better Mom to our 10 year old daughter.

His Beast thinks that maybe I will be able to resume moderate drinking at some point. My Beast definately wants that - don't all Beasts? I don't think I would be able to, and I don't want to take any chances. Why drink when it doesn't feel good anymore? It's not worth it.

I LOVE being sober - it's the calm feelings that I have that I particularly savor.

I have all sorts of professional plans to advance my career that I would never do if I was still drinking. And I'm hopeful and enthuiastic and optimistic - can't feel those when I'm drinking.

Still.....Big Plan....not ready to make it but I sure do think about it.

Thank you,
Pam