Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
m1k3

Have you committed to never drinking again? If you are never going to drink again and never going to change your mind what do you have to worry about?

I will never drink again and I will never change my mind. With that, drinking is not an issue for me now or ever. I don't drink. The same goes for tobacco as well.

I do hear my addictive voice from time to time but IT doesn't matter. It can't drink without my help and I don't drink. It can't dip snuff without my help and I don't dip snuff.

I am a Buddhist and from a Buddhist perspective. There are many thoughts and feelings that occur in my head. Just because I experience a thought or feeling doesn't make it true. Feelings are not facts, thoughts are not reality. I have choices. I can choose to pay attention to a particular thought or feeling and then act on it or I can choose to simply observe it and let it float on like a cloud in the sky. When the monkey mind is chattering on about the next shiny thing it sees and of course wants doesn't mean I have to react. I simply take refuge in my practice and watch the clouds of thoughts and feelings float by against the backdrop of a calm blue sky.