View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
I don't know all the feelings and emotions you are experiencing right now, so I may be off base in this observation. (please excuse if I am way off base)

When you said this:

" I told him that I will take him to court because I told him that I have a right to know what's going on since he hasn't been very forthcoming with the past court appearances. I guess I'm on a 'need to know' basis at this point, which is fine. But, I can go to court for myself, not to be supportive of him."

Didn't you want him to handle the consequences for his unacceptable behavior without burdening you?

Maybe ask your therapist about the difference between giving him responsibility and still wanting to know outcomes. I can see where it would be difficult to maintain detachment while wanting to be an informed partner.
I did, but I thought he'd at least tell me what those consequences would be. He purposely keeps hiding information, letting it leak out as he feels I need to know about it or when he needs something from me. If he would be open and honest about it, which I thought he would be in the beginning, then I'd not feel the need to go to court. I guess it comes down to trusting his honesty, which I don't right now so I figured I better show up so I know exactly what we'll be dealing with as a family.

I completely understand what you've said, too. Very good observation and I will take that to my therapist this week! You've made a good point and I need to think about that. I may have my reason, but I have to check my motive.