View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 09:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
FedUpWith2Brats

My ex AH was in the hospital. He had peed on himself and continued mowing the lawn, oblivious to his public humiliation. He put lettuce, dressing and silverware in my purse, he totaled his truck and drove home, unaware the police were behind him and his truck was ruined. (He got a DUI for that one). Just a few examples of his behavior.
Anyways, the Dr. came in and said his liver was shot, if he didn't quit drinking he would die. The next morning the social worker came in with Literature for him about AA, alcoholism, health effects, etc. He turned on me and screamed why didn't I shut my big mouth! The social worker told him I had said nothing, they sent her up to him after he still had a blood alcohol reading 2 days after no booze. He still didn't get it, told her to get the F out and that he DID NOT have a drinking problem.
My point is that there is nothing you or anyone else can do until he hits his own personal rock bottom and reaches out for help. Painful as it may be, say a mental good-bye and move on with your own life. You can't fix someone who doesn't think they are broken.

Last edited by FedUpWith2Brats; 04-24-2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: left out a word