View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 09:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
hardboiled

Sorry, gunna bump my own post so I can vent and keep it on the same thread.
2nd day without drinking. Stayed pretty busy with exercise and other activities. Went on a long bike ride and it was hard to resist grabbing some beers while hanging out in the nice weather. In hindsight I'm glad I didn't but at the time it's a really hard decision to make.

hey n0m0re, I hear you, I think I've been doing what you said for years. This is sort of why I wonder if all my regret and shame, as strong as it is, is really enough of a reason to stop. I've gotten drunk and acted like a fool, then later having to go some place where people recognize me. It's hard for me to explain, I'm embarassed but I don't care sometimes. Anyway, like you the weekends will be a test.

jimjim, well one of the reasons I joined this forum and am making a conscious effort to stop is because I don't think it's normal to have the situations I have. I mean I'm sure anyone who's enjoyed alcohol has had one or a few situations, but it shouldn't be a regular occurance and shouldn't cause friends stop wanting to hang out with you because of it.