View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RNintrouble

Unhappy New to this and seeking answers

I am a Registered Nurse by trade and have alot of health problems and an addiction to the medications I am prescribed by my doctors. I have Type 1 diabetes, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and I take over 16 medecines just to regulate these conditions. As far as work goes, I have not worked in over a year and am currently receiving disability benefits. I have been on xanax for 4 years now along with ambien cr to treat my panic disorder as well as for the insomnia that the RA and fibro bring. I am also on lortab10/500 for pain and have been on that for almost a year. The problem is that the constant pain, lack of sleep, increased depression and anxiety have made all of illnesses worse and as a result, I noticed that my use of my medecines has escalated. I was taking about 3mg of xanax a day for the anxiety and am now up to about 4-5 mg a day just to feel normal. The pain from the RA and fibro has also increased and I went from take 1-2 Lortabs a day to about 4-5 a day. My doctors are aware of the drug use escalation, but I need help!