View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gourami11

Sending AA lit to XABF?

Hi everyone,
I am in a no-contact situation with my ex alcoholic fiance. However, I would like to send him some AA literature. however, I would like to send it anonymously. Is that stupid/detrimental/wrong? I would like some advice, please, esp. if you have done this or you are an alcoholic--is this a bad or good idea?

Background: He admits he's alcoholic, but thinks "willpower" can solve it, and yet, if someone else calls out his alcoholism, they are "insulting his character." But he's classic drinker/turns from dr jekyl to mr hyde/turns mean and/or embarrassing, then is super ashamed and remorseful the next day. He broke it off with me this time, I've called him on his alcoholism and abuse, now I'm "the reason for it" etc.

I don't expect to get back with him, and don't want to unless he gets help. But I would like to send him this literature, because I think he may be receptive. What do you think? Thanks in advance for your honesty.

The lit would be the Is AA for me pamphet and the AA quiz (which I think he would answer at least 9 of the 12 questions "yes")