View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ISOHumility

My dumbass kid, whom I love.

Hi guys,

I haven't posted (although I've lurked) for quite awhile, because my 15 year old son has been doing really well. He's been going to meetings since leaving rehab in late January. Hasn't relapsed. He JUST got a sponsor, altho he didn't want to--he must have a sponsor, for probation--but he actually likes this guy (who happens to be a counselor in a major rehab facility around here).

His grades are better. He's been a pretty decent kid.

Then, a few weeks ago, he meets this girl from another school district. She has piercings. she's HOT.

Oh, and she sells drugs.

I found this out from reading his private FB messages. I know, I violated his privacy. I can't use the information I just got, obviously.

I'm pretty calm about it, except I want to help him if I can. Of course, he may relapse, to show this girl how cool he is, and there's not much I can do if he makes that decision. But if he does I have to make sure he doesn't bring drugs into my home. Also, perhaps there is something I can do to help. My plan, so far: to just love him, and be available if he needs me.

Unless...is there anything else I could/should do? Can I simply tell him I don't like the looks of this girl, and say I won't support the relationship, without spilling the beans? Are parents allowed to do that?

Thanks for any thoughts/advice you may have...

ISO