Thread: court tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Hi- update... Good news is that court went as well as it possibly could have. If AH hadn't played games with the prosecutor (ie: making statements that he wasn't sure he felt safe with my being cleared of all charges-- this info came to me second hand from the prosecutor to my lawyer). The charges were placed on file with no finding and if I stay out of trouble for 6 months they will all be dismissed and expunged. So, it went okay.

Bad news is that I got to work to find my boss and her boss wanting to meet. There has been continued publicity about this drama in the local paper and I knew earlier this week when they met with me that things were not going well for me at work. Well, they used my being out for half a day as a segueway into the following: I was told that I have been out too often (I have been out for 4.5 days this whole year). Two of the 4.5 were court related. The others were bc the girls were ill and I can not rely on AH to stay home with them and I took this job in part bc it was sold as sooooo flexible and understanding blah blah blah. So, they tell me that bc I have been out soooo much (and my boss stated that she has observed me leaving early and coming late-- NEITHER OF WHICH ARE TRUE) I am no longer on salary and will be paid per diem until the last day of school and then my employment will be re-evaluated. My state is an at will state, I can be changed from salary to hourly at the employers whim, I no longer have benefits and I can almost guarantee that I will not have a job in June. This is not about my job performance or attendance. This is about the fact that bad press is bad for the umbrella organization and originally everyone was supportive and great when they thought this would be quiet and go away fast. But it has been sensationalized like it's a major news story and my employer is looking for a reason to dump me and that's what greeted me when I got there today.

I can't take anymore. I have spent the past year in one crisis after another. Last year at this time I learned my job was cut. I found a job finally and enjoyed it and have done an excellent job. But the image of the organization took a hit with their employee's arrest and now I am back in panic mode.

I'm tired of trying to stay strong. I feel like if I let myself start to cry I am going to have a total breakdown. I can barely look at my girls (bc I of course now have cancelled summer camp, and all extracurriculars that they were signed up for bc I can't waste a cent) bc I have to tell them ONCE again that the promises of summer things that they did not have last summer will once again be taken away. All year I've worked long long long hours on the re-accredidation of the school. I didn't ask for comp time or extra pay. I get to work early and leave when others do. And bc AH abused me but I got arrested, I now have no reputation in town, kids can't come to my house to play with my kids, and now my career is done for. I'm at the end of what I can manage and stand. It is too much.