View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Just for the record.....the "sex inventory," is NOT a list of your sexual problems/conquests. Regarding sex: "We reviewed our conduct of the years past. Where had we been selfish, dishonest, or inconsiderate? Whom had we hurt? Did we unjustifiably arouse jealousy, suspicion or bitterness? Where were we at fault, what should we have don instead? We got this all down on paper and looked at it."

From there, it goes on to say that from that stuff above, we tried to shape a sane and sound IDEAS for our FUTURE sex life......

If you can't or won't do that with your sponsor.....time to find a new sponsor. There are tons of great ppl out there, sometimes it's a pain in the ass to go find them but you do what you've got to do. I was able to do it with no transportation, no public transportation and no local family to get me around to meetings. It took a while but then again, I didn't REALLY work at it all that hard for a while. It may mean you have to drive more than you want....or have to do more on the phone than you want......or SOMEthing that you don't want/like. That's how it goes, we make due with the best we can get/find. If your current situation isn't satisfactory, time for you to get out there and do your part to improve it.....which I hope/assume you're doing.

I'm not giving you a hard time but I see mixed signals when I read things like: I can't wait to do the 4th step vs I can't/won't do that part of the 4th step. If it's just that you can't/won't do it with her.....then you have a couple options: don't do a 4th step, do it YOUR way, do the the BB way with her even though you don't want to, do it the way it's in the book but find someone else to do it with. I'd suggest one of the last two.

FYI, there's a 12-Step Support area HERE where you can post your question(s) and you'll get more responses from "AA folks" who've been around a long time and have likely been through this exact situation AND have a solution for you that you'll be able to implement.