Old 04-17-2012, 08:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ReadyAndAble

Yessiree, gratitude is the most powerful arrow in my quiver.

I think GFCO knows this story already, but a couple of months ago I was rear-ended on the freeway. Pushed me into the sedan in front of me. My poor little car was the meat in an I-5 sandwich. So several weeks go by, lots of battling with insurance companies, yada yada, and I finaliy get my car back. It's perfect. You would never know anything happened.

Six days later—a.k.a., last Wednesday—I'm stopped at a four-way intersection and — bam!—a woman drives into the back of my car. Pushes me into the SUV in front of me. Damaged worse than before.

I actually laughed when I called a friend to give me a ride home. It is always something. Just the week before I got a nasty surprise when I did my taxes. Life is full of unexpected surprises, good and bad. And when the bad surprises only involve stuff—a car, money, or anything else that can be solved with time, hard work, and patience—well, I have to count myself lucky.

No one was hurt in that wreck. Amy's daughter wasn't seriously injured when she took that tumble. You have overcome addiction this past year, and live with your new husband among the beautiful mountains of Colorado.

Ahh, to be young newlyweds, flat broke and loving it...