Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
janiebluebird

I get what you mean about how alcohol gave you an excuse to act irrationally and express all your pent up anger, but does that mean you really wanted to say all the things that may end up coming out? You might hurt you husbands feelings, say things you really don’t even mean. Its funny because I was trying to break down the reasons why I liked to drink so much in the past, and I was thinking about all the silly-fun times I had with friends, when we were acting rather childish and immature for our ages. Its weird because its almost like we WANT an excuse to be able to act like children, and alcohol became that excuse. We could laugh about it the next day, blame it on the booze. Maybe we all need to let down our guards a bit more and live more freely. Express our true thoughts, have fun, dance around…no excuses needed.

As for ways of dealing with anger/being pissed off: Vigorous exercise, alone time (I like to walk near the ocean- has a calming effect on me, I’m sure any large body of water would do), cry, get yourself some ice cream.