View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lostdotty

Why is it only me....

that sees I have a drink problem?

I new here today, married mum of two wonderful children and only one day sober, but for the last 18 months I have tried to control my drinking habbits many of times, the best I did was 4 weeks in Feb, felt great and thought it would be ok to have a couple of glasses of wine, before the week was out I had 5 bottles of wine got through 1 ltr of vodka, I was shocked but carried on for the last 23 days drinking every evening.

Every one in my life drinks, Husband, parents, in-laws,friends and every get together involves alcohol.

I have spoken to my husband about my concerns and he don't understand why I would want to give up all together, he says he's ok with it as long as it don't stop me wanting to go out and have fun( we don't go anywhere anymore).

I tried to speak to my closest friend today and her answer was I should just drink on a friday and saturday, then as we said goodbye she said don't worry come over mine on the weekend with a bottle of wine and we'll talk through my problems. duh!

I'm worried that everyone else is worried if I stop drinking how it will affect them!!!