View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Armywife925

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
When was the last time before that?....I mean...If you say you can't remember when the last time you spoke to your sponsor was...Maybe she moved on and is helping someone else. A sponsor is a guide to help you work the steps....That's it. They can't work them for you. You say everyone you asks turns you down....There has to be a reason for that. Do you go to meetings often?...Have you read the book...?....Do you have a homegroup?...Do you do service work there?...I just have a hard time seeing how nobody will sponsor you if you are willing to do the work. I haven't seen that.
I've called everyday and she hasn't been answering or calling back. I go to 1-2 meetings a day, I've read the BB, read 12&12, have a home group, I do service and talk to newcomers. I stay away from people places and things, I call at least 3 other alcoholics a day, I've been reaching out a whole lot. I'll see people on meetings who raise their hand and when I go up they say they aren't available. I tell them I'm willing to turn my life over and do the steps and I get no response.