View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
useyourwords

Hello! I am so sorry for your situation. I also agree with anvil, that for your recovery the best thing is to accept that it has nothing to do with you. That being said, only you can know for yourself if the harm he is causing fits your definition of danger. Though I think anvil is right here- that it has nothing to do with you and you should be done with it for your own recovery, I know from personal experience that I would not be able to move past this and not act if I believed the issue was ongoing and others were still being hurt or in danger. I know myself well enough to know I would make an anonymous report of it, and then never look back. I would NOT give the police my name or contact for any follow up. Period. And once the report was made I would do a letting go meditation or ritual and never look back. Do I think it is the "right" thing for recovery in general, probably not. But I know my own guilt would consume me, and from similar things I have worked through in my own therapy and recovery in the past. The guilt of inaction would keep me more stuck in the past and I would still feel "part" of it. I say all this to say that if you decided not to keep this secret any longer, I believe there is a responsible way it could be done, and from my own experience the important next step is consciously and mindfully letting it go. It is not the ideal path, but we are all walking our own path