View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Jilllian

Originally Posted by itsmylifenow View Post
I don't know how to handle this...my XABF has been doing something illegal for the past 2 years. When I found out back then I told myself I couldn't deal with it and was ready to walk. Instead I just pretended it didn't exist and ignored it, but it went against my morals and it's been eating me up inside ever since.

We are no longer together so honestly, he could have stopped for all I know...but I'm pretty sure he hasn't so I can't convince myself otherwise.

It doesn't benefit me to do anything about it except to finally get the secret out of me. I also don't want to bring any trouble or drama to my family.

I hate that he entrusted me with this...I never wanted it and still don't want it.

How do I get past it?
you don't say what it is that he's doing that is illegal. would turning him in bring closure to you? would it save others from pain? if so, i would do it. keep in mind though, that i'm new here though, and very well don't know what i'm talking about. but if there are victims to his crimes (or his omission), i would sound the alarms. do whatever you have to do to make peace with yourself. if it brings drama to his family and yours, so what. it will pass. if turning him in saves others from emotional trauma (again, i don't know what the illegal activity is), then what do you have to lose besides a period of discomfort in your life, which would be in all likelihood less discomfort than he himself has caused you in the past...
best to you...