View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
itsmylifenow
And Presents For Pretty Girls

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
My moral values are telling me it's wrong and I need to turn him in. nah, i think what is happening is that you learned a very valuable life lesson about always HONORING your morals from here on out. you can't change the past, ratting him out NOW changes nothing....you still compromised your ethics. and you are not the first to do so, by the way! we've all had those "what was i thinking????" moments....just let it go. it's keeping you tied to him. take those recovery scissors and snip the ties that bind....
I thank you for this Anvilhead. I have been on other sites in the past where people feel the need to "let you have it" for doing something you regret...as if they have never done a single wrong thing in their life.

It is appreciated when others realize we are all human, make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. I know I've learned from this one.

One of my favorite quotes, "When you know you are living a life of integrity and honesty; when you respect yourself and truly live it, you will attract those like you."

For whatever my motivation was at the time that I stayed with him, I won't compromise my values again. That, I promise myself.