View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
itsmylifenow
And Presents For Pretty Girls

Thanks for responses.

The only one I have told is my therapist because I knew it couldn't go any further and I wasn't putting her at risk.

It's not something that is hurting others but it's not something that is small either. There are others involved beyond him who are neighbors and friends and even his family. So, not only is his life affected but lots of others as well.

Besides the moral issue, I struggle with the thought that I knew about it and stayed with him anyways. What does that say about me? I have been struggling to live an honest and moral life and I had to lie to my family when they asked how he made money because they knew he didn't work. I was afraid if he ever got caught my ex-h would take my kids from me thinking that I was a part of it.

I never condoned it. I never wanted to hear about it. I didn't want to be privy to conversations, information, nothing. I wanted it to all go away. I haven't been to his house in over 4 months because I couldn't go there anymore.

I remember the day he told me what he was doing. It was incredulous. I stood there thinking how much more could I take? It went beyond red flags and had fireworks shooting in the sky. I knew it was wrong. I knew I wasn't comfortable with it. But, somehow I managed to push it all away and go against my values.

My moral values are telling me it's wrong and I need to turn him in. The parent, mother side of me is telling me to walk away - protect my kids and my life and let a HP take care of whatever needs to be done.