Old 04-11-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
angrywife

omg...emotionally exhausted, no idea what to do

My husband lost his job last August and started drinking pretty much 24/7. Frankly I'm surprised he hasn't died from alcohol poisoning. After 4 months of this, I had him committed. He was/is a danger to himself. He has diabetes, hypertension, and only didn't drink when he was sleeping. I filled out the paperwork and started the process. When I went home and told him what I'd done, and that he would be picked up by the police, handcuffed, and taken to the hospital, he decided to go in on his own.

He completed the two weeks, came home, went to meetings for about two weeks, stayed sober for another 30 days or so, then a relapse. I didn't say anything, he was sober another 3 weeks, now it's back to where he was originally.

I can't do this again, I hate the drunken loudness and just being annoying. Not to mention I can't watch what he's doing to himself.

I made up my mind to leave, I rented a house, right now i am trying to move. I started packing yesterday, of course I come across old photos, momentos, etc. I have been crying my eyes out ever since. The more I cry, the more exhausted I find myself, and I get nothing done. I've gotten two boxes packed in two days. I don't know how I can go through this. I still love him immensely and I'm afraid of coming to the house and finding him dead. If I thought this would lead him to rock bottom it would be so much easier.

See, he will never hit rock bottom financially because his mom will never cut him off. She received a six figure inheritance, my husband has an atm card to her account. She has issues about being needed and also knows that if she didn't give him money, he wouldn't answer her phone calls; she is not a pleasant person. She won't listen to reason, I've sent her Alanon literature, nothing. She's going to give him money even if it kills him. In all his months of unemployment, I haven't bought a single drop of his booze.

No, I'm pretty sure his rock bottom will be death. He's 36, we have 3 kids.

I was active in Alanon for almost a year, but I stopped going because the majority of Alanon wives in my small town also have sober husbands in AA, and I'm jealous. That's what I want more than anything

I just wonder if I should have him committed again, but this time let them handcuff him and take him to the state hospital. Not that I think it would get him sober, but at least I could say I tried everything before I walk out and let him die.