View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jamaicamecrazy

Back in the hospital

My AH "accidentally" called me from the hospital this morning. He was trying to reach my daughter and she is only 1 number away from mine. He went to the ER last night after calling the ambulance on himself. He was dizzy, showrt of breath, heart racing and bleeding.
So they admitted him with a GI bleed and are waiting to do a scope on him. My daughter was up at the hospital with him til 2am- poor thing. She has dealt directly with his health issues for the last few months but she is so much better at setting boundaries than I have ever been.
Again, I am sad and scared that this is the beginning of an endless cycle of health issues due to his drinking. I always hope that each medical complication will be the AHA moment he needs to see that he needs to stop drinking before it is too late...or maybe it already is. I will be as supportive to my kids as I can be. I will go to the gym and destress rather than sit around waiting for a phone call or chain smoke or stress eat. Then I am taking my mom to lunch and meeting an old friend. My life has to go on no matter what his situation is. I can't do anything for him.
Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.