View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
faithfully

After the conversation I just had with him, I am going to run for the hills as has been suggested. He has refused the nurse home care before, 2 times, once the doc at hospital tried to set up, the other time I set up through my doc. I was with him when the nurse came over one time. After that he said they can't do anything for him anyways.

It was clear in the last conversation I had with him today, where I tried to set the boundary of no money, that all he is interested in is getting money. He was angry, said he things that showed he was ungrateful, didn't want the food I bring all he wants clearly, is money so that "he can function, clean his room and put bandages on his wounds". I have heard this so many times and then even after he has money, he still does not clean or bandage his wounds. If I say get home care to help, he says no, if I say call an ambulance if it's that bad he says no. There is no other way as long as I am in contact with him. He is clearly ungrateful, blames me, accuses me and threatens me so I am no longer going to be around. I will change my numbers. I will move, it's too bad I took him out here to go fishing once, otherwise I wouldn't worry about moving but he could bring someone to drive him out here.

As long as I am in contact with him the no money rule just can't apply. I have to go no contact and shut the door to this chapter of my life and move on. Then I have to be sure to never look back. Otherwise he will continue to ask me for money and if he doesn't get it, will make threats, blame me, be mean to me, etc etc and simply I am not strong enough to say no under these circumstances, as the threats either scare me that he will hurt me, himself or someone else.