Thread: Disease...
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
GrowingDaily
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique View Post
I think the divide here is that you believe people need to do X, Y, and Z in order to quit, whereas I believe that you have to quit first, and then you'll do X, Y, and Z as a normal, abstinent person.
Yep. You're absolutely right. If your idea is that alcoholics can heal themselves simply by not drinking, then that most certainly is an issue we differ on.

I'm sure most alcoholics never thought of that!

So if quitting is all it takes to cure yourself from alcoholism, what accounts for people relapsing months/years/decades later? I guess they just didn't have enough willpower, right?

Your belief system is out of touch with what we know to be scientific fact today. It's out of touch with virtually every recognized program that claims even a modicum of success. And it's out of touch with the personal experience of the VAST majority of addicts.

I'm glad your 'program' worked for you (though I have a hard time labeling the phrase 'Quit drinking' as a program). Unfortunately, your method doesn't offer much hope to anyone outside of your frontal lobe. I don't know what you're selling, but I hope people looking for a real solution to their problems doesn't take you seriously.

EDIT: I take that back. Now I know exactly what you're selling. Suddenly all the pieces fall into place.