Thread: Disease...
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by GrowingDaily View Post
Are you honestly saying that all you had to do was quit drinking, without addressing any issues in your life?
Thing is, once you quit drinking, you will have to actually address problems in life, just like everyone else, instead of the usual -- getting drunk.

.... there are a host of issues - more often than not the issues which drove us to drink in the first place - that need to be addressed if one is to achieve long-term sobriety.
I think the divide here is that you believe people need to do X, Y, and Z in order to quit, whereas I believe that you have to quit first, and then you'll do X, Y, and Z as a normal, abstinent person.

But you're all obviously looking for someone to nail to a cross instead of bothering to try to see where I'm coming from.
Nah, nailing you to a cross would look very different. I'm quite familiar with the self-improvement project instead of quitting approach to recovery, though, which is very common, and I'd wager that soberlicious is as well.