Thread: Do i or dont i
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Pock89

Originally Posted by outtolunch View Post
He's not using Meth at you. It's not personal.
Wise words.

As others have said on here, by holding his things hostage, you are just keeping the lines of communication open. I know it's a scary concept to completely cut all lines of communication. However, if you want to make a clean break from your husband and the chaos he is creating for himself, you'll have to do everything in your power to separate yourself from him. I think boxing up his things and leaving them in a designated area is best. Allow him to pick them up when he has the time, and be done with it.
You have to remember that your husband is sick and suffering from a disease. Addiction makes good people do bad things. And his addiction has NOTHING to do with you. It's his disease, his fight, and he'll need to find his way to recovery on his terms, on his own time. Nothing you can say, do, hold hostage, bribe, negotiate, or threaten, will do any good. All you will do is hurt yourself.

Wishing you nothing but the best. You're doing a great job posting, asking the right questions, and seeking advice and support from others. Keep it up!