Thread: Do i or dont i
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by jolinda View Post
My A/H texted me at midnight last night, said how can you not let me have my clothes, said hes sorry hes turned out to be a loser. Why cant he see what hes doing to himself and to us? How can a drug hes taking (meth) about a year, take the placeof 25 years of being with me? I hate it ,hate it.
You're personalizing this. The fact that you've spent 25 years together simply doesn't matter. It could be 250 years, or 25 months, and he'd still be behaving the same way because he's in active addiction. And it doesn't matter if it's you, or someone else. His eyes, at this moment, are only looking in one direction, and that's inward.

said hes sorry hes turned out to be a loser.
And this is manipulation, whether you realize it or not. It's so transparent.

I know, from glancing at your posts, you're really struggling with all of this. And I understand why and I feel for you. But what you will eventually have to accept is a) so long as he is using, AND b) so long as he's not in recovery, he's lost.

I'm not going to tell you how to handle this. I can only share with you the wisdom I've gained through some very painful times. And I can tell you that so long as you continue to engage with him, you're going to be injured every time. And the only person that can put a stop to that is you.

ZoSo