Thread: Do i or dont i
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
GoldfishSyn
Just Keep Swimming

That is a hard pill to swallow...losing a 25 year relationship to meth. I'm sorry you're going through this. On the bright side it is admirable that it only took you a year to wise up. I have been dealing with my husband's addiction for over 12 years and, trust me, it doesnt't get any easier. I wish I had gotten out early. My only advice would be to know that he is not choosing meth over you. The disease of addiction is forcing him to go after the meth, at all costs. It has nothing to do with you. Addiction, from what I have experienced with my AH is like cancer or any other disease...it will keep destroying them unless they get treatment. I agonized for years over why my AH would choose cocaine over me and our kids, but I realize now that it is not a choice but a symptom of the addiction. I hope things get better for you. It sounds like you are making the right choices. Hanging onto the clothes is probably just a way for you to keep tabs on him, which I think is natural to want to do when you love someone. I do think you would have more peace in your life if you let him pick the clothes up as the others suggested. Good luck with everything!