Old 04-08-2012, 05:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Leemzer

I find that working out, reading, cooking, catching up on some rest tend to do the trick. I am a tricky one: I can be extroverted but also introverted. After a while I get bored bored bored too. It does not make me want to drink. It did as a kid, but not now. But I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from. There are naps and then there are boredom depression naps. I suggest MOVEMENT. That is what I do...when I feel that happening to me (it did this Easter weekend as I have had a bad cold) I get up and do SOMETHING, anything. Especially things that I might have put off during the week. Yesterday I did laundry and cleaned my new apartment from top to bottom. Admittedly not the most exciting stuff, but at least when I was done all of my clothes were done for the week and I was then bored in a super clean place, LOL. Just be sure you are not misinterpreting depression for boredom. There is a difference and they feel different....But I so totally understand. Since you are in a gun club, maybe get outdoors more on the weekends? Sometimes I just have to get out of my apartment, even to the grocery store, and my perspective shifts. So I would say ACTIVITY and MOVEMENT work best for me.....