Thread: Fear
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
With his jealous and controlling tendencies, as well as his lack of drinking (crutch), if you make moves to go back to school and get on a career path, I predict you will see the proverbial sh*t hit the fan!!! He might even cross the line from 'controlling' to 'abusive', so please educate yourself about emotional and financial abuse and what that looks like. Women that are financially dependent on their abusers are VERY vulnerable to more of the same while their sense of self-worth and sanity are slowly being chipped away.

Have you ever discussed this possibility with him? What was his response? If not, I challenge you to stick your toe in the water and just see....
Yes, I've discussed it with him. Hey, I was a yoga instructor for 5 years, I had taught step aerobics for 3 years prior. I was wearing tight clothes and having men give me their number for years and he knew it. He never once said anything jealous nor did he try to stop me from teaching.

As for financial stuff: he has made it clear that he would give me everything if we split. He said he wouldn't fight me on the finances and would give me everything we have in savings. I could probably go about 2 years without having to find a full time job on that money and if I sold the house and took the equity(1/2 of it) I would have another year's worth of cash. If I get any of his 401K, then I'd have another 2 years of cash. Believe me, I've done the numbers and I'd be fine.