View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
blackandblue

Coming from the perspective of the new woman and how there is no happy ending without true and honest recovery. My ex was separated for one year from his ex when he met me. I know he said similar things to her about how happy he was with me and how I am the one. I can honestly tell you that he did and does have those strong feelings for me. But he had and has no recovery. I left him/he left me many times after his relapse and despite being semi-sober and doing pretty well- he still acts like an active addict. I give him credit and it makes me happy to hear that he is trying to take care of himself and not trying to run off to another relationship. He may or may not be on his way to real recovery. I hope for his sake that he sees the light. That is his path. I feel by letting him go I found recovery and he may too. That is hard to swallow. There are a lot of "maybes" and "what ifs" He knows I love him and I know he loves me. But that love has had a layer of fog covering the truth- addictive thinking and addictive patterns are why we (not just he) cannot be in healthy relationship right now. The reality is that trust is essential. Learning to trust your gut and make connections between the head and the heart is necessary right now for YOUR healing. He has chosen his path for several reasons that you will destroy yourself trying to figure out. He has a difficult road ahead of him and so do you. So put all of this energy back into your life and loving yourself. The rewards are endless and relief from the heartbreak will come. I know from recent experience how it feels. Love does conquer all- just not in the way we think it does. Addiction destroys all. No one completes us. We are already complete. When we realize that (when I realize that) then love will surround you. I would bless him and release him. I am sorry for your loss but happy for your potential spiritual gain. Love and prayers your way.