View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Drinking/Drugging Is A Bad Choice

Or at least it was for me as a secular minded person.

I used to think being an addict was just my lot in life. I rarely consider the alternative, sobriety. Taking my life down the road of continued addiction seemed like my only option. Never mind the death defying detoxes I did on my own. The homeless, hospital visits with various life threatening conditions, being dumped back on the street from the hospital recovery...normal to me.

Then it came to me, sitting in jail (I always got busted for petty sh!t and not the devious gang related criminal acts I constantly engaged in) why not get sober/clean. It was an easy choice at first. Ah...well, the choices I was making were eventually not conducive to recovery.

Trial and error (with a variety of recovery programs), as it always was in my life with learning, helped me to develop a set of recovery tools that brought me greater control over my once totally out of control addiction/addictive wreck of a life.

I'm not helpless to make the changes I need to make so as to live free from active drug addiction.
So here goes with the tired but true saying: if I can do it - so can you. So just do it and be done with it!

one more time, why not clean up.