Thread: shared custody
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

shared custody

I thought of this on my other thread but wanted to create a new one so it was clearer...

AH's lawyer is proposing a 50/50 custody agreement which to me is heartwrenching/shocking/appalling/insane etc...

My lawyer is great and is not responding at all right now while we figure out first what will occur with the criminal charges on me BUT, I wanted to know what arrangements some of you have experienced with your ex's and custody.

I do a lot better when I know what the possibilities are vs feeling surprised with info so I thought who better to ask than people who've been through this.

I think that AH's lawyer might idiotically hope that I will agree to something with custody before the criminal case is dealt with and might think that I actually fear I'll be convicted. Little does he know that AH is the one who will wind up being slaughtered if it goes to a trial and I am banking on the criminal case turning into an advantage for me with custody. There is so much evidence of AH's abuse and the fact that I was arrested has ironically made HIS crap behavior become exposed which I think is the opposite of what he hoped for.