View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Flyin2BFree View Post
thanks you guys! Thanks a million

Day: I was in AA for 10 years, meeting a day. Rarely missed. I guess I just shot out the top, and crashed. It's a shame I guess. But the time I had was good. The time I have lost this 4 years, has been CRAAAAAAAAP! Hard to figure if I feel bad aqbout it, or that I just wasn't done yet, or...., or..... or.....

But, I did did find the chat thingy, and that can keep a head busy eh!

thanks you to everyone that said welcome.
FF
I don't look at it as a shame for sure.....

Look at all the relapsers you'll be able to help now. Maybe you "needed" to do exactly what you did to be able to come back now and get to the next level.

....and yanno, maybe it is a shame but there isn't jack you can do about it now other than focus on today and what you're going to do now.

One of my sponsees had 6 yrs and went back out. My gr-grand sponsor (53 yrs) has a hard-to-hear theory on why we go back out after long periods of sobriety - shoot me a pm if you're interested.

Mike

**edit... oh yeah! and since you had 10 yrs in AA THAT'S why your first post sounded so solid, humble and on point... I hereby REMOVE my "great first post comment!" You're an old pro back in newcomer's camouflage!!!!!
(JK....it's still a great post)